Q & A are actively in progress, if you have any questions – we are happy to hear from you! Call us or write to us.
Prior to your arrival
This helps everyone have the assurance around a fair policy and approach and how to get the most out of the experience with UnderTheDoormat.
If that service isn’t required, we can sometimes offer a small discount.
Check-in and Check-out
UnderTheDoormat is a personal service and we will meet & greet you at your home at 16:00 on the day of check-in or at another time which suits you, upon request. The check-in is a chance to get the keys and is there to show you how to make the most of your home away from home, how everything works and sharing with you some of our favorite local spots you won’t want to miss. We check-ID’s and go through the home rules with you to ensure you know what to do to get your full deposit back without any questions, and we agree when we will meet you for your check-out and feedback on your stay.
– If you require a check-out before 8 am UK time, then additional charge is 30 GBP.
– If you would like a guaranteed late check out or a check out between the hours of 12:00 and 19:00 a half day charge will apply.
– Any check out later than 19:00 will be need to be booked as an additional night stay.
– If you let us know about your request with a weeks notice prior to your arrival, we can often accommodate requests for check-in as early as 14:00.
– Early check-ins between 10am and 14:00 can sometimes be arranged for an additional half day charge depending on the homeowner and previous guests. Any check in prior to 10am would need to be booked as an additional night stay.
This procedure helps us to ensure that the home is left in its initial state and to provide peace of mind to our homeowners and guests.
Our cleaners will remove the rubbish in the bins in the home at the end of your stay. If you have more rubbish than fits in the standard bins or are staying longer than 3 days, we ask you to place it in the bins outside (the details of where they are located are in your guest guide) as you can appreciate that its not nice to leave rubbish in the house for a long time (it will smell) as it isn’t very nice for you or the home.