Greenwich is full of fascinating places to visit and is a bit of a hidden gem just down the Thames from central London. Home to the world-famous 02 Arena and Greenwich Theatre, the area has no shortage of entertainment in the evenings. During the day, museums, parks and a planetarium provide plenty of fun for the family.
Wander through the vast green spaces of Greenwich Park with spectacular views of Greenwich, the River Thames and beyond. Greenwich caters for families with trips to the National Maritime Museum and the Planetarium in the Royal Observatory or venture on-board (or underneath) the Cutty Sark, one of the world’s most famous ships. For further views of London, take the Emirates Air Line cable car running from North Greenwich and the Royal Docks.
- Greenwich + Docklands International Festival (June)
- Royal Greenwich Music Festivals (June-September)
- Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Festival (September)
- Tube: Jubilee Line (North Greenwich)
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR): Greenwich, Cutty Sark, Woolwich
- Overground: Greenwich Station
- Riverboat services: Thames Clipper, City Cruises
- Emirates Air Line: Royal Docks to Greenwich Peninsula