There’s no mistaking the high quality of life that reverberates round the homes of Kensington. An affluent and culturally-rich area next-door to the centre of London, Kensington is home to some of the city’s best museums, most expensive properties and is a haven for shopaholics. Kensington Palace, Royal Albert Hall and the Victoria & Albert Museum are just a few of the delights this area has to offer, but there’s plenty more to be discovered beneath the surface of this exceptional place to stay.
Head north-east for a stroll in Kensington Gardens, one of London’s eight Royal Parks, where highlights include the Albert Memorial, Serpentine Gallery and the Italian gardens. Spend the afternoon visiting a museum or two: from the V&A Museum (check out the impressive Chihuly chandelier in the entrance), the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. In the evening, pick out a nice restaurant followed by a concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Shops on George Street
- High Street Kensington
- Notting Hill Farmers’ Market
- Portobello Road
- Farmers’ markets (throughout the year)
- Holland Park open-air Opera (Summer)
- Notting Hill Carnival (August)
- Pintar Rapido outdoor painting festival (July)
- Ice Skating at the Natural History Museum (November – January)
- Tube: Piccadilly Line (South Kensington, Gloucester Road), District Line and Circle Line (High Street Kensington, Gloucester Road, South Kensington)
- Overground: Kensington (Olympia)